Spent wonderful two weeks with you. After a very warm welcome we enjoyed the fantastic landscape and the warm hearted people of Wales made us feel at home here.
V Family, Germany (July 2009)
||This very popular, detached, four-bedroom holiday cottage sleeps up to 6 persons and enjoys the view you see above! The cottage is let for 35 weeks a year on average and it is essential to book early for school holiday periods as these are often taken by returning visitors up to a year ahead!
Cottage facilities The entire ground floor is wheelchair accessible. There are smoke alarms and fire extinguishers on both floors, a fire blanket in the kitchen and the upstairs games room has an emergency exit. Fitted carpets to all rooms. No smoking.
- Large open-plan living/dining area and integral kitchen with comfortable furnishings and storage space.
- 32" Sanyo LCD TV with built in Freeview, VCR and Video/CD Library. Micro Hi-Fi (FM/MW Radio, Cassette & CD/MP3 player)
- Paperback library, walking maps and a wealth of current Tourist Information.
- Modern fitted kitchen with double oven, grill & halogen hob, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator, freezer, electric kettle, toaster, cafetiere and filter coffee machine.
- 3 ground floor bedrooms ~ 1 double room with king size bed, 1 twin-bedded room and 1 single room, all with wardrobes, bedside lights, chairs, heaters and storage space. Radio alarm clock & hairdryer in double room.
- Spacious shower room with both internal and external access (the right hand door on the cottage photograph), comprising large wet room shower (suitable for wheelchairs), shaver point, washbasin and toilet.
- Hall with coat rack, cupboard with Steam Iron, Ironing Board, Clothes Dryer, Vacuum Cleaner etc.
- 1 single bedroom, with wardrobe, bedside light, chair, heater and storage space.
- Second shower room with airing cupboard, shaver point, washbasin and toilet.
- Hayloft Games Room with digital colour television (Freeview 90 channels), DVD/CD/MP3 player, three piece suite, piano, dart board, table-tennis, snooker & pool table, table football, air hockey table, card table and a selection of games, puzzles and jigsaws.
- The cottage is all electric. Heating is by modern Economy 10 night storage heaters in the Living Area (2), Games Room (2) and upstairs Shower Room (1), giving the effect of central heating. Economy 10 has a 3 hour afternoon and 2 hour evening heating boost so the cottage remains warm. The downstairs Shower Room has a powerful fan heater and all bedrooms have thermostatic wall mounted heaters. The first £20 of electricity is included in the rental; the client is responsible for the remainder by £1 coin meter. The cottage will always be warm for your arrival with a full tank of hot water. From September 2013 the cottage will be priced all-inclusive with no electicity charges.
- WiFi is available on the farm network.
- Bed linen and hand towels are provided and beds are made up. (Please bring your own beach/large bath towels). A wooden cot is available in the upstairs bedroom should you need it. A high chair is available.
- Washing machine and tumble dryer in the laundry room of the farmhouse by arrangement with the owner. Rotary Dryer.
- Upper and lower outside patio areas, one with garden furniture and a gas barbecue, the other with seating. The area around the cottage is fenced and secure for young children and dogs. There are several meadows for exercising dogs off a leash.
- Parking for two or three cars and ample room for bicycles/canoes/surf boards etc.
- Food Hamper Service. We have arranged with our local award winning farm shop to provide a range of hampers delivered for your arrival. Details on request. Tesco also offer a delivery service from their Carmarthen Superstore.
Swallow Cottage was converted from an old hay barn in 1995 and the original hay loft has been turned into a large Games and TV Room (40ft x 20ft), which is ideal for young and old alike! The resident owner lives nearby and personally services and maintains the property to a high standard. There are 14 acres to explore and walks from the door. In 2007 the Secret Garden was added. This half acre garden has a large pond, picnic area, wooden chalet and deck and is reached by a farm path. An ideal retreat to watch the sunset, sketch, paint or simply read. This rural retreat is in a most tranquil location, surrounded by wild flower meadows and enjoys panoramic views over the surrounding countryside.
June 2005 in the wildflower meadows
We try to provide the little things that make our cottage more like your home. Complimentary soap, loo rolls, hair dryer, tea-towels, oven gloves, kitchen towelling, foil, cling film, dishwasher powder and cleaning materials are all provided. The kitchen is equipped to enable you to cook the simplest meal or Christmas dinner and after a long journey I hope you will enjoy our complimentary tea-tray on your arrival.
SWALLOW COTTAGE ACCESS STATEMENT
The cottage was designed to be wheelchair friendly when converted from a hay barn. It is accessible to a wheelchair user as a family or group member or with an able bodied carer, but may be difficult for a party where all members have disabilities. The owner lives in the farmhouse, will meet you on arrival, and is available to assist wherever possible.
• There is no public transport.
• Swallow Cottage is located half a mile from the road at the end of a unadopted country lane. There are times of the year when this can be bumpy!
• Level parking area 5 metres from the cottage allows easy vehicle access with room to fully open car doors.
• The immediate cottage surroundings and patio area are level.
• The front door and external door to the disabled shower (wet room) are gently ramped with low door thresholds.
• Guide/Assistance dogs are welcome and there is a free run area for dogs.
• The surrounding fields and pathways are gently sloping but access is available to the secret garden 300m away. The timber deck is raised but there is other seating available.
• The entire ground floor including kitchen, dining area and sitting room are open plan with no steps or changes of level.
• There are three ground floor bedrooms (double, twin, single) with non-allergy duvets and pillows, polycotton covers & sheets and cotton towels.
• The shower room is a wet room with shower, toilet and basin all on a single level. Electric shower but no specific aids.
• The first floor bedroom, shower room and games room are only accessible by a flight of stairs.
• All doorways are 900mm wide.
• Light switches and power points and heating controls at sensible heights.
• Good mobile phone and broadband reception.
• Remote controls for digital TV, video and mini-hifi system.
• Subtitles for hard of hearing on Freeview.
• Task lighting can be provided on request.
• Standard sized kitchen appliances with drop down oven and grill doors, drop down dishwasher door and front opening fridge and freezer.
• Worktop height is 900mm.
We have given information as accurately as possible but are happy to provide any further information you may require. This statement was last reviewed on 13 January 2013.