1. Weekly lettings are Saturday (4pm) to Saturday (10am) for a maximum of 6 persons. This number is a maximum under Fire and Insurance Certificate regulations and may not be exceeded. Short break bookings have flexible start and finish times.
2. Two dogs are welcome free of charge. Under no circumstances are pets to be left in the cottage on their own, nor should they be allowed into the bedrooms. We reserve the right to refuse certain breeds of dog. Dogs must be leashed when walking around the farm but there will always be a field where they can be unleashed and exercised. The area around Swallow Cottage is secure and dogs can be left off the lead.
3. To reserve the property please first check its availability by telephone or email. Any provisional booking will be held for 5 days to allow you to forward the booking form and your deposit to us. Alternatively you can confirm by telephone and pay by cheque or bank transfer. On receipt of your booking form we will confirm your booking in writing and issue an invoice for the balance of your rental charge and the date for its payment. We may, at our discretion, also ask for a security deposit of £50 against non-accidental damage, extra cleaning costs or breakages. This security deposit is refundable in full if the property is left as found and can be paid as a separate cheque on arrival. If any deductions are made from your security deposit we will clearly state why. If your booking is made within eight weeks of your stay the full rental must be paid at the time of booking. Once a booking is made the cost of the accommodation will not be increased.
3a SHORT BREAKS. These are often last minute arrangements. Please check latest availability by telephone or email. We will respond quickly and hold a provisional booking for 48 hours, asking you to confirm by telephone and pay by bank transfer or cash on arrival. The full rental is payable on booking. We will send any paperwork and location maps by email or post if there is sufficient time.
4. Final payment is due eight weeks prior to the date of your arrival, when a receipt and location map will be issued. We will be pleased to provide you with any further information you may require.
5. We have taken care to provide accurate and reliable information about the property and we take great care to ensure that the property is clean and as described on the internet and in our brochure. Any problems, defects or shortages should be reported to the owner so that remedial action can be taken. Any shortage or defect which cannot be rectified within a reasonable period of time and therefore threatens to affect the clients’ enjoyment of their holiday will entitle the client to a proportion of the booking cost as compensation. The owner’s liability will not exceed the amount paid by the client for the accommodation. The owner will not be liable for any loss, damage or inconvenience in the event of war, riots, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial disputes, natural disasters, adverse weather conditions, transport problems or any other matters beyond the control of the owner.
6. In the event of the owner having to cancel your holiday due to unforeseen reasons, such as substantial damage to the property or severe illness of the owner, we will notify you as soon as possible and refund immediately all monies paid to date, whereupon our liability ceases.
7. Cancellation charges. You have a contract with us, therefore should you need to cancel your holiday you must advise us immediately and confirm this in writing. We will make every effort to re-let the week(s) but if we are unable to do so the following cancellation charges will be applied:
More than 8 weeks before the holiday commences - loss of non-refundable deposit only.
Less than 8 weeks before the holiday commences - loss of the full holiday cost.
If for any reason you do not pay the balance by the specified time we reserve the right to cancel your booking and charge you the balance outstanding. You are strongly advised therefore to take out appropriate cancellation insurance for this booking. We will send you a proposal form which you may wish to consider.
8. A booking of the property gives you the right to quietly use and enjoy the property for the agreed period. In as much as the owner is responsible for the cleanliness and maintenance of the property, the client is responsible for respecting its contents and amenities, leaving it in good order and a clean condition on departure. Any serious abuse of the property, smoking in the property or occupation of the property by more than the stated maximum will result in the full loss of the security deposit.
9. Bookings made over the telephone or email, are deemed to be in accordance with, and an acceptance of, these terms and conditions.
© Penlan Farm JANUARY 2013